Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Leftover Curry Biriani

Jamie says Leftover Curry Biriani is like an Indian lasagne. I used our leftover chicken tikka masala but you can really use any type of leftover curry. Be sure its something you've made though and not leftover take-out since you don't know how many times that curry has been reheated.
In this Indian lasagne, you layer your leftover curry with an onion mixture, almonds and rice. Oh no! I have to make rice!?!?
I carefully measured the water and rice and stood over the pot. Maybe neglect is why I have such a hard time with rice. The next thing I knew the rice was boiling over! And I was still standing right there! I turned down the heat quick and was able to salvage it. To everyone's amazement, it turned out nice and fluffy. A step in the right direction in my battle with rice.
This is such a great recipe! With this we were able to get three dinners out of the curry dish. This recipe isn't on Jamie's website so I can't link to it. If you STILL haven't gone out to buy the book, maybe this big thumbs up will carry you to the bookstore today :)

Recipes cooked: 31
Recipes left: 142
Days left: 280

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this one yet but it sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, it's definitely time for a rice cooker! Doug came with one and I LOVE it. :-)

    ReplyDelete