Saturday, March 31, 2012

Homework Part 1

Now, before I can begin, Jamie has some good homework assignments in the introduction that I've been working on completing. There are 50 meals and each meal is written with step-by-step instructions on how to get everything done quickly. To get things done quickly you must have a clear space. I love his section on "Reclaim Your Kitchen for the job it was meant for." This was something that drove me crazy during my Food Revolution project (round 1). Before I could even begin to cook, the counter and floor of my kitchen would need to be de-cluttered of toys, school papers, keys, mail. It drove me crazy. And then the hot food would need to wait while I cleared the dining room table of backpacks, computers, homework-in-progress, hats, gloves (or pool towels and goggles depending on the season). This drove me batty. So batty in fact that we took a section of our garage and made a mudroom. Now, I'm still training my family, and maybe myself some days too, to use the new mudroom but so far it has been a huge relief to my kitchen counters! Now, this doesn't mean everyone needs to go out and make a mudroom but try to make new homes for all of that kitchen counter clutter. Believe me, I know it is easier said than done!



No comments:

Post a Comment